Its basic function is to put the sleeper's body in the correct anatomical position during sleep. The mattress, due to the profiled structure of the lying part of the core, has anti-decubitus properties, and is practical for use in combination with the latoflex, which has the option of raising the head and legs. It is recommended for people who spend a lot of time in bed, as well as athletes and young people in a period of intense growth, because the combination of drinks provides ideal support for the spinal column. Maintenance of the ortopedico mattress is simple, because it is enriched with an anti-allergic and antibacterial cover that can be removed and washed thanks to the patent. The total height is 18 cm.
Two levels of foam hardness for quality body support
The basis of this mattress consists of two types of PU foam, i.e. foam with increased hardness represented in gray and orthopedically profiled foam with which the body comes into direct contact through the cover. Each orthopedically profiled square in contact with the body moves independently of the other square and in this way relieves and frees the sleeper's body from pressure, providing better quality rest. The effect that the foam profiled in this way has on the body is similar to the effect that the anatomical pocket core has in such types of mattresses. Due to its ability to adapt to the body, this mattress has the function of relieving the body at pressure points, which gives it a pronounced anti-decubitus function.
The very method of profiling enables an unhindered flow of air inside the mattress, making the mattress more capable of removing moisture that is released during sleep. Due to its structure and overall thickness, the mattress is also suitable for beds with the option of raising the headboard.
Decubitus are damage to the skin in the form of wounds, which are caused by many factors such as: uneven pressure, friction, moisture of the skin, stretching, etc. They can occur on all parts of the body, and most often in areas such as the pelvis, elbows, knees, ankles or heels. Although the treatment of pressure ulcers in the early stages is possible, their treatment in the elderly can be demanding and difficult. The Ortopedico mattress can prevent the occurrence of such diseases, but it can also ease the suffering of people with these problems. It is desirable to use such a mattress as well as a suitable pillow for proper positioning of the body in order to relieve the sleeper's body. Breathable structure of the mattress core, adaptation to the body,
High-quality cover with anti-allergic treatment
The washable anti-allergic cover sewn from high-quality knitted fabric provides this mattress with practicality and ease of maintenance. The zipper allows easy removal of the cover and washing according to the care instructions provided with the mattress itself.
Tencel® - fiber of the new age!
Tencel® is the name for a fiber that is also often called lyocell and is manufactured and patented by the Lenzing AG company from Austria. In order for the canvas to carry the Tencel brand, it must contain a minimum of 30% of this type of fiber in its composition. The essence of Tencel® fiber is that it is a natural cellulose fiber obtained from the very core of the eucalyptus tree, which is grown naturally on plantations, without the use of genetic manipulation or pesticides. These are fibers that are completely natural and do not have any harmful effects on humans and the environment.
Advantages of Tencel® fibers
Tencel® therefore differs greatly from synthetic and cotton fabrics and has a number of advantages compared to them. Tencel® is a significantly stronger and more durable material than cotton, as strong as polyester but at the same time very soft and breathable.
The main characteristics of this fabric are high wear resistance, maximum breathability thanks to numerous tiny pores and excellent ability to absorb a large amount of moisture. Tencel® cellulose threads protect against mites and bacteria, and repel moths. Sleep studies have proven that:
- Tencel® provides a dry and comfortable sleeping climate
- Tencel® provides significantly better sleep quality at an optimal sleeping temperature
- Tencel® provides a significantly better feeling for the skin compared to other materials (according to the results carried out by the German Allergists' Association DAAB)
Reasons for using Tencel® in mattresses:
- Washable cloth, soft to the touch
- Abrasion resistance (in wet and dry conditions at an extremely high level)
- Natural humidity control (quick moisture absorption time, up to 70% - while with polyester it is 2-3%)
- Thermoregulation (enables the feeling of a pleasant sleeping climate and its regulation)
- Natural sleep hygiene (prevents the development of bacteria due to its high hydrophilicity and ability to absorb moisture, which eliminates the possibility of the development of bacteria and unpleasant odors)
- Drying (Tencel® dries at the same speed as cotton, while it is much faster in the Tencel-Pes combination)
Our skin is our largest organ, which has the function of regulating heat and maintaining the amount of water in the body, and tencel with its "skin friendly" action supports its functions and in fact behaves like a second skin. Tencel®, a natural material, is recommended as a solution for sensitive skin due to its hygienic effects and preventing the development of bacteria for the efficient distribution of moisture, resulting in the creation of a hygienically ideal sleeping environment.
Tencel®, a true friend of our skin, without chemical additives!
- High-quality cover with anti-allergic properties, washable at 30°C, made of knitwear that meets the requirements of the Oeko-Tex standard
- Cover with zipper
- Orthopedically profiled mattress core for anatomical body support
- Enabled air circulation inside the mattress
- Anti-decubitus property of the mattress
- Cover with Tencel® fibers